NJ GIVS FAQS
What is it?
NJ GIVS pay up to $2,000 per year or up to the cost of tuition of an eligible certificate or degree program at a New Jersey technical/vocational school or county college.
Am I eligible?
- Be a female or minority (Black, Hispanic, Asian American including Pacific Islander/Hawaiian, American Indian, or Alaskan Native).
- File the NJ Alternative Application.
- Have an annual household income below $60.000.
- Enroll in one of NJ's county colleges, county vocational technical schools, or proprietary trade schools as long as the school is affiliated with an institution that participates in the TAG program.
If you meet these requirements, you're eligible for NJ GIVS funding, regardless of your immigration status.
I was eligible when i graduated high school, but dreamers couldn't access financial aid then. What can i do?
You're eligible! As long as you still mee the requirements for the NJ Alternative Application and the additional criteria for NJ GIVS, you can receive support through this program.
HOw do i apply?
- Receive your high school diploma or GED.
- Complete the NJ Alternative Application.
- Enroll in a participating institution.
- After the start of classes, if you are making good academic progress, NJ GIVS will send the grant money to your school on your behalf.
Get in touch with Nedia Morsy (firstname.lastname@example.org, 908-967-3478) with any further questions or help with your application!